Georgia Pediatric Psychology
GPP is moving to a new building! We are excited that our practice has expanded and will be moving to a new building within the same office park (Perimeter Ridge) on August 18th. Please look for us in Building 10 if your appointment is scheduled after August 18. Building 10 is located in the back left corner of Perimeter Ridge.
At Georgia Pediatric Psychology, we offer in-depth psychological treatment and assessment services to children, adolescents, and their families. Our team of caring psychologists devote themselves to the behavioral, developmental, cognitive, and emotional needs of children, adolescents and young adults who have special needs, emotional or behavioral challenges, and/or are medically fragile. We give close consideration to the psychological factors related to medical illness or developmental disabilities, including adjustment problems, difficulties between parents and children, complying with decided treatment/medication regimens, and challenging family dynamics.
How will you benefit from our specialty services?
- The team at Georgia Pediatric Psychology has received training designed specifically to help advance healthy child, adolescent, and early adult development by implementing a combined series of services involving prevention, intervention, and treatment.
- Our focus is on maintaining health, encouraging positive health behaviors, and treating chronic or serious medical and/or mental health conditions.
- We achieve our goal by implementing principles of behavior, learning, and psychosocial adaptation from within behavioral and pediatric psychology doctrines. This involves recognizing the contributions of biological, environmental, family, and social influences on the process of development.
- Our providers work hand-in-hand with professionals (community, medical, and school) to provide dependable, developmentally appropriate, and excellent care.
- We are able to help families of special needs children and offer useful feedback in regards to the criteria involved with eligibility for special education programs (IEP services). Our recommended educational accommodations are aimed at optimizing the learning experience of each individual child, while also being fulfilled in the least restrictive academic environment. This includes assistance with private school admissions and college special needs programs.
How can we help you and your family?
At Georgia Pediatric Psychology, our team works with you to help you make sense of your child's unique development and family needs, leading to personalized interventions that will improve family dynamics and enhance your child’s success. You can be confident that your family will be supported with the greatest respect, discretion, and compassion.